In the ham and eggs story,
the chicken boasted to the Pig, “Do you realise how faithfully I sacrifice an egg a day to serve breakfast to our master?”
…the pig simply replied – “but today I will give my very life to satisfy my master”!
I think it is time to operate not merely as sincere and sacrificial managers but as selfless sons who are willing to give their very lives to satisfy the master’s passion!
Let us begin by understanding our heavenly master’s expressed longing to us!
We all know that the Great commission of Christ to us, His Chosen
- Is a logical extension of the (loving) mandate of God to Christ. Christ partnered willingly with God to save man from the penalty of sin- a good news that NEEDS TO be broadcast matt 28 :16-20
- Is a joint mandate for us to disciple every new convert to be overcomers in the presence of sin – A LESSON THAT MUST BE TAUGHT CONSISTENTLY matt 28 :16-20
- Is a call to jointly partner with the Holy spirit to help shield believers from the oppressing power of sin- a truth to BE MANIFEST THROUGH SIGNS AND WONDERS MARK: 16:14-18
God knows that man needs a special equation with him & an exceptional equipping by him to accomplish this task–
Before embracing the cross, Christ spoke of a first level of graduation of man to a friendship with God in John Chapter 15
John 15 Vs 14 &15: You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends...
Romans 8 speaks of a higher graduation from Friendship to Sonship & Joint Ownership after the death and resurrection and ascension of Christ to all who believe.
Vs16& 17: the spirit himself testifies with our spirt that we are God’s children. And if we are children, then we are heirs; heirs of God & co-heirs with Christ. (Also read John 1:12)
After the ascension of Jesus, believers are not commissioned to operate as managers of his assets but as the master’s joint signatories! The understanding of this promotion alone can empower us and mobilise a greater sense of accountability & responsibility!
When a born-again believer is fully committed to the great commission, he must cease to see himself/ herself as a mere steward or a custodian of what he has but a joint-owner with Christ himself.
why god graduated us from stewardship status to joint - ownership position for the great commission
Joint-ownership is more advantageous for us in many ways than for God - more is at stake for God when he graduates us to a such a stupendous status!
to give EMOTIONAL SECURITY: It must be understood that only a sonship and joint-ownership mentality can provide a safety net from Satan’s (2 Timothy 3) corruption of the elect in the last days. We must enter the mission by seeing ourselves as
- Jointly owning God’s wealth to broadcast and teach the Truth-for as a joint-owner we can make a few wrong decisions and not get fired from the job! We can get wisdom instead without being grudged or judged Js 1:5!
- Jointly bearing the brunt of attack from the kingdom of darkness and still keep advancing! -many children of God trip and fall but are lifted up again because the Father never spurns but just disciplines his children.
- Jointly enduring the losses and setback on our personal relationships, wealth and health which the destroyer throws along our way of the mission-Only by drawing from the eternal reservoir of grace as sons can we withstand the onslaught.
- Being eternally loved as sons-We frustrate, delay and bring losses to this kingdom, upsetting the trajectory of God due to our soulish frailties. We often behave like the jealous and ignorant older son or even the carnal prodigal son while performing the great call. Only a sense of sonship and joint ownership can help us receive the loving arms after a fall-we know that the loving father will still serve us the best meal and will bear the losses we bring on him as an immature body!
To give ECONOMIC SUPPORT : DOMAIN TRANSFER OF WEALTH AND RESOURCES POSSIBLE ONLY AS A JOINT-OWNER
A Believer must be first taught of the need to access the treasures of heaven and treasures of earth, presently in Satan’s control by Adam’s consent. A believer must be brought to a realisation that his own time, talents and treasure- albeit essential tools for expansion of God’s Kingdom, serves no purpose until it is consciously transferred into the domain and jurisdiction of God. Sound stewardship or management of wealth, although foundational, is not sufficient to serve the advancement of Kingdom.
- A believer must understand that only the Kingdom Keys and Kingdom principles such as giving generously, tithing, operating in divine favour, exercising power of faith through prayer can help him unlock the treasures of heaven. Only then is his time, wealth and thinking gets anointed to yield results. God desires that the wealth released from heaven stays within Kingdom domain for kingdom purposes.
- God helps us to free the resources under Satan’s control by operating in divine wisdom, walking in forgiveness, walking in love and endurance, living in contentment not competition, pursuing peace over strife and being transformed in our minds. Unless careful, a freed believer too can stagnate earthly wealth without making it useful for God.
No denying Stewardship mentality is helpful – stewardship is all about our sacrifices, labour of love and responsible management and multiplication of talents! But a position of Joint-ownership is fundamental to fulfil a call of this magnitude!
THE GREAT COMMISSION TO ME IS GOD EXHAUSTING AND EMPTYING OUT ALL HIS EXPRESSIONS OF LOVE BY..
- Sacrificing of his only begotten son and Speaking out his greatest longing to SAVE all mankind to SONSHIP BY PARTNERING WITH US (Galatians 3:26 You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus)
- Sharing his dwelling place & wealth with everyone willing to receive this offer of love
(Ephesians 2:6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with Him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus. Romans 8:32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all--how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?)
Only when my heart can see this great display of love shown in giving me a joint-ownership of a call and wealth, can it truly say….
Lord, I prefer to see myself as a servant entrusted with this great mystery and I know that this great a trust requires that I remain faithful -I COR 4:1&2
For I know Lord that it is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me - Gal 2:20
THE CHICKEN WAS INDEED FAITHFUL BUT THE PIG COULD BE DEVOTED ENOUGH TO DIE FOR THE MASTER.